Panndyra's Posts

Come to this site to check out what I'm up to as a fledgling paranormal romance writer and a woman living with chronic illness who's trying to go raw!

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Drained Emotionally

So, I'm writing my first paranormal romance novel. It's a vampire work that turns vampirism on its ear. I am giving my vamps more human qualities and well, I'm finding resistance from my readers.

I'm also getting totally slammed in my online crit group. Maybe I'm not ready to write this book yet. Maybe this isn't the type of book I should be writing. Maybe I'm not as good of a writer as I thought I was. I've heard that I should 'show more and tell less.' Damn! I thought I was doing a good job of that, but I am apparently not and that's the kiss of death of every writer.

Of course, I'm also writing two ebooks right now for a nonfiction publisher and have my "day job" as a poker writer. I also write at Constant-Content. It's a very good content generation site that you can pretty much write about what you want to. Love that freedom and the extra cash. It's not a lot but I earn enough to stay home with the kids and write while hubby works for health insurance and other stuff.

I'm grateful for my life. But, I'm just tired of feeling like I'm just a hack. I always thought I was something more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home